Friday 6 July 2012

F.lux Ahhhhhhh

I wish to guide your attention to a wonderful little app which allows me to work a little longer without getting eyestrain which works for both Windows and Mac.

Flux is an application which automatically changes the colour temperature of your monitors in tune with when the sun sets for you geographically. Lowering colour with the amount of ambient light around you in great way to keep your eyes from straining in this period every day.

The gap this app bridges for me is I have been buying lamps to put behind my monitors for a number of years now as I found this worked well if I remembered to change the temperature on the monitor every day when turning the lamps on or set up buttons on the monitor to save my eyes straining, which still require remembering to push each day mind you. With F.lux's inbuilt timers you can also slow the transition to barely noticeable over a 20 min period let’s say when the sun is setting and light outside and inside is fading.

The best Settings for f.lux will always come down to what your environment is like and how you want it.


I find the best colour temperatures lamps for night viewing for me around 3400k, bang on the lowest setting for Flux luckily, and around 6400k for daylight hours as I like my office a little darker than most I suspect.


Let me know if you have a similar solution or if you are having eyestrain problems.





0 comments

Please Leave Your Comments Below

 
© 2011 CyberKitty2
Designed by Blog Thiết Kế
Back to top